1. What Personal Information About Customers Does Macobuy Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
- Information you give us:we receive and store any information you provide in relation to Mcobuy Services. Examples are “your name, email etc” of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our Macobuy Services.
- Information from other sources:we might receive information about you from other sources such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily.
2. For What Purposes Does Macobuy Process Your Personal Information?
We process your personal information to operate, provide, and improve the Macobuy Services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services.We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Macobuy We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyse performance, fix errors, and improve usability and effectiveness of the Macobuy n Services.
- Recommendations and personalisation.We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalise your experience with Macobuy Services.
- Provide voice, image and camera services. When you use our voice, image and camera services, we process your voice input, images, videos, and other personal information to respond to your requests, provide the requested service to you, and improve our Macobuy services.
- Comply with legal obligations.In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect from sellers information regarding place of establishment and bank account information for identity verification and other purposes.
- Communicate with you.We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Macobuy Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat).
- We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you.
- Fraud prevention and credit risks.We process personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, Macobuy, and others.
- Purposes for which we seek your consent.We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing of your data for that purpose.
3. What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
4. Does Macobuy Share Your Personal Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. Macobuy shares customers’ personal information only as described below and with Macobuy.com and the subsidiaries that Macobuy.com, controls that are either subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Transactions involving third parties:We make available to you services, products, applications, or skills provided by third parties for use on or through Macobuy Services. For example, you can order products from third parties through our stores, download applications from third-party application providers from our website. We also offer services or sell product lines jointly with third-party businesses, such as co-branded credit cards. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions and we share customer personal information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third party service providers:We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
- Business transfers:As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that macobuy.com or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Macobuy and others:We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of Macobuy, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
5. How Secure is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may ask you to verify your identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- Our devices offer security features to protect them against unauthorised access and loss of data. You can control these features and configure them based on your needs.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. We recommend using a unique password for your Macobuy account that is not utilized for other online accounts. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
- What About Advertising?
- Third-party advertisers and links to other websites:Macobuy Services may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and apps. Third party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, and services. For more information about third-party advertising at Macobuy, including interest-based ads, To adjust your advertising preferences, please go to the Advertising Preferences page.
- Use of third-party advertising services:We provide ad companies with information that allows them to serve you with more useful and relevant Macobuy ads and to measure their effectiveness. We never share your name or other information that directly identifies you when we do this. Instead, we use an advertising identifier like a cookie or other device identifier. Some ad companies also use this information to serve you relevant ads from other advertisers.
- What Information Can I Access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, and purchase history in the “Your Account” section of the website.
8. What Choices Do I Have?
If you have any questions or objection as to how we collect and process your personal information, please contact our Customer Service (https://macobuy.com/contact-us). Many of our Macobuy Services also include settings that provide you with options as to how your information is being used.
- As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the Macobuy Services.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the account profile section. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the previous version for our records.
- If you don’t want to receive e-mail or other communications from us, please let us know by emailing us.
- When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop any further processing of your data for that purpose.
- If you are a seller, you can add or update certain information in Seller account, update your account information by accessing your Seller Account Information, and adjust the email or other communications you receive from us by updating your Notification Preferences.
9. Are Children Allowed to Use Macobuy Services?
Macobuy doesn’t sell products for purchase by children. We sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you’re under 18, you may use Macobuy Services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
10. How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
We keep your personal information to enable your continued use of Macobuy Services, for as long as it is required in order to fulfil the relevant purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as may be required by law such as for tax and accounting purposes, or as otherwise communicated to you. For example, we retain your transaction history so that you can review past purchases (and repeat orders if desired) and what addresses you have shipped orders to, and to improve the relevancy of products and content we recommend.
11. EU General Data Protection Regulation and UK Data Protection Laws – Legal Basis
The EU GDPR and UK data protection laws require a legal basis for our use of personal information. Our basis varies depending on the specific purpose for which we use personal information. We use:
- Performance of a contractwhen we provide you with products or services, or communicate with you about them. This includes when we use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, and process payments.
- Our legitimate business interests and the interests of our customerswhen we improve Macobuy services (including when we use your voice, video, or camera input to improve services), when we detect and prevent fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, ourselves, or others, and when we provide you with interest-based advertising.
- Your consentwhen we ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing of your data for that purpose.
- Compliance with a legal obligationwhen we use your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect seller place of establishment and bank account information for identity verification purposes.
- These and other legal basesdepending on the purpose for which we use personal information.
12. Contacts, Notices & Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at Macobuy or want to contact one of our data controllers, please contact us (https://macobuy.com/contact-us with a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
16. Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us When You Use Macoby Services
You provide information to us when you:
- search for products or services in our stores;
- place an order through Macobuy Services;
- download, view, or use content on a device, or through a service or application on a device;
- provide information in Your Account(and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address or mobile number when shopping with us) or Your Profile;
- communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise;
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as: your name; address and phone number; payment information; your age; your location information; your IP address; people, addresses and phone numbers listed in your Addresses ; e-mail addresses of your friends and other people; content of reviews and e-mails to us; personal description and photograph in Your Profile.
Examples of the information we collect and analyse include:
- the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- login; e-mail address; password;
- the location of your device or computer;
- content interaction information, such as content downloads, including duration and network details for streaming and download quality, including information about your internet service provider;
- device metrics such as when a device is in use, application usage, connectivity data, and any errors or event failures;
- Macobuy Service metrics (e.g., the occurrences of technical errors, your interactions with service features and content, your settings preferences and backup information, location of your device running an application, information about uploaded images and files (e.g., file name, dates, times and location of your images));
- version and time zone settings;
- purchase and content use history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features such as Best Sellers;
- the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); cookie number; products and/ or content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs),
- phone numbers used to call our customer service number; and
- images or videos when you shop in our stores using Macobuy Services.
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications and our web pages to collect browsing, usage or other technical information for fraud prevention purposes.
Information From Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
- updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily;
- account information, purchase or redemption information and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising or other services;
- information about your interactions with products and services offered by our subsidiaries;
- search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links);
- credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access through Macobuy Services include:
- status of recent orders;
- your complete order history;
- personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications and personalised advertising preferences etc );
- payment settings (including payment card information);
- e-mail notification settings (including Product Availability Alerts, Deliveries, Special Occasion Reminders, and newsletters);
- recommendations and the products you recently viewed that are the basis for recommendations (including Recommended for You and Improve Your Recommendations);
- shopping lists (including Wish Lists);
- your content, devices, services, and related settings, and communications and interest-based advertising preferences;
- content that you recently viewed;
- voice recordings associated with your account;
- Your Profile (including your product Reviews, Recommendations, Reminders and personal profile).
- If you are a seller, you can access your account and other information, and adjust your communications preferences, by updating your account in Seller Account.